Alright so before you keep reading, there will be spoilers. I know that some people try and stay away from social media or whatever because they didn’t see the show. So, spoilers ahead.
With that said I will say that I am extremely disappointed with this season finale. The whole summer they were building it up that we were going to come face to face with A. Which I guess we did because apparently A is Charles, but Charles is now Cece. I know that Aria was snapping pictures earlier this season and said that A was a girl, well she thought that A was a girl, alright, only time we have ever heard about A being female.
Most people are upset because of the whole transgender aspect of it, Charles chose to live his life as a female, that female being Cece, or Charlotte. Okay, I get that too. Apparently Marlene King had this planned since season 3 but I do think the whole Caitlyn Jenner thing probably helped push this to happen.
I am going to start a list of reasons why this doesn’t make sense, only because I want to rant and I am trying to organize my thoughts.
- How is Cece so strong? I mean if you look at Cece, she is a smaller girl, she isn’t very big at all. She is certainly not bigger than Spencer or Emily who are both tall girls. How did she overpower them so many times? I mean shit, she even got Toby to fall off a ladder. She also pulled up one of them in the bell tower with Ian. Remember that? Cece is on some next level shit.
- iNCEST. Yup, I said it. Cece dated Jason, Jason is her younger brother. Now last night she said they never had sex, but still. I never thought that Marlene King would take it that far but guess what, she did.
- Why? Why use a character who has been nothing but a minor character who loved Allison. They used to hang out and party together, why her? So many other people would have been better. I don’t know maybe Andrew or Holbrook.
Those are just a few of the issues I have with Cece being Charles. Now here are some issues I had with the whole episode.
- Are the moms okay? This episode was extremely rushed, I mean they even did the five year jump at the end. Are the moms still down in that basement just waiting to be saved?
- Where were the guys? Usually at least one of the guys is tagging along with the group. Not last night. They weren’t even seen after the first like 4 minutes of the show.
- What is up with Andrew? I mean he had a pretty serious storyline the past season and even the start of this season. Why did they just let it go?
- Where did Sara come from? I kind of assumed Sara was red coat after she wasn’t micro-chipped, but how did she meet Cece? I don’t get that what so ever.
- Who killed Mrs.D? Did Cece do it? Do we just forget that happened.
So all in all I think that this was probably the worst reveal of all time. Then again is it a reveal at all? I mean sure Cece could be Charles, but is Charles A? We have already been told Mona is A, Toby is A, Ezra is A, but now it is officially Cece?
This is how it should go. Charles- Holbrook or Wren. Red Coat- Cece. Black Widow- Melissa. That is how it should have gone.
At this point I am going to say that Dam Humphries is A, just so I can be let down by yet another teen drama that I should have outgrown.
I will stand by my statement that Aria has something to do with it all. She has something to do with the whole A plot to terrorize everyone.
How do you feel about this reveal? Tweet me @willikilliams and please let me know!
be sure to like the facebook fan page too! https://www.facebook.com/willikilliams