So every year Barbara Walkers puts together a list of people she finds interesting. Being 102 you would think she found everyone interesting because they can do things that she can’t. They can go on carnival rides, and walk around for hours. They don’t all get the senior discount at Denny’s though! She is one up on them in that respect. Anyway this is her list from 2013 and I will give my take on each of them. Exciting stuff, I know.
• ABC anchor Robin Roberts- You know I think that this is actually a really good pick. I don’t watch Good Morning America, I think it is too chaotic for me to even enjoy at 6 in the morning but I like Robin Roberts. She handled her fight with cancer with dignity and never said “poor me” she always put a smile on her face. Seeing how she stepped up really is incredible and I give her credit for putting on a brave face.
• Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence- Is there anything negative that could be said about this little golden retriever of an actress? Jennifer Lawrence is fucking golden and she deserves every award ever. Give her the Nobel Peace Prize too! If Obama can get it for no reason then Jennifer Lawrence should get it as well! She is either 23 or 24, and has been nominated for two Oscars, winning one of them. She can laugh at herself in interviews. I give this girl a lot of credit and can’t wait to see what she has in store for us for the future. She is like the next Meryl Streep or some shit.
• The stars of Duck Dynasty- I have never watched this show and I probably never will. People love these assholes for being rednecks and shit like that. I am all set with this show, it is just a more grown up version of Buckwild right? They also have money which Buckwild kids did not have. Yeah, I am all set with them. Take them off of the list, please and thank you.
• Singer Miley Cyrus- Yes, yes ,yes. People think that Miley Cyrus is just the next trainwreck but she is fucking brilliant, she knows exactly what she is doing. She knows that the more wild she acts that means she gets attention. If she was just normal she would hardly be in the papers at all. Apparently she talks about her broken engagement with Liam which I can’t wait to see. I hope she really digs into it, if she doesn’t that is okay though. She is just being Miley.
• Pope Francis- The new Pope is really cool, I like that man. He can stay.
• Prince George- I don’t understand how this little royal even counts. Is Barbara going to sit there with a newborn and just ask him questions while he shits and cries? That just doesn’t sound like riveting news in my opinion. If she has an interview with Will and Kate though that will be perfect, they are the perfect couple. Prince George should be voted off of the list though.
• Long-distance swimmer Diana Nyad- This bitch! I cannot stand Diana Nyad because she cheated, she cheated swimming from Florida to Cuba which Cubans do every day. I don’t think that she deserved this at all. In case you didn’t know she has tried this a million and a half times and finally got it but only because people were swimming ahead of her pushing jelly fish out of her way. I guess that if you wanted to swim that distance just fucking swim in a pool back and forth for hours. I understand she had to deal with salt water and shit and I commend her for that but still, don’t cheat. Plain and simple.
• Kimye (Kim Kardashian and Kanye West)- No, this is stupid. I feel like every year Barbara needs to do something with the Kardashian’s, this is overboard though. Kimye is not a person, iti s a science experiment.
• NSA leaker Edward Snowden- I don’t know who he is because I only focus on celebrity culture but sure, he can stay.