So today in the celebrity world it is is slow for now at least. I haven’t seen anything that has really caught my eye to write about. Kanye West was at Harvard, cool. Other than that it has been a slow day. So I decided to take it into my own hands and write about the top boybands of all time. People may complain that Jonas Brother and Hanson aren’t on the list but they aren’t a boy band. They don’t do choreographed dancing or any of that good stuff, so they didn’t make the cut.
10. Westlife- I am aware not many people in America know about these guys but they are pretty great and huge in the rest of the world. Westlife have incredible love songs and amazing voices too. They should be famous over in America but they are too good for us, too proper, that is why they made it at number 10.
09. LFO- May Rich Cronin rest in peace but before he left this world he gave us one of the best songs of all time Summer Girls. Is there any better song to bump when you want a good classic throwback song? They rapped, they sang, they danced, they were hot, they were perfect. They also gave us another great gem that people seem to forget about called Girl On TV which was written about Jennifer Love Hewitt.
08. One Direction- I was a little hesitant to put these guys on the list simply because I am convinced they will be breaking up within two years. In two years Harry Styles will be a solo artist and the rest of the guys will be like Joey, Lance, JC, and Chris, if you don’t get that reference then you are probably too young for this blog. Their songs are catchy though and in reality is that all that you need when you are in a boy band. Catchy songs, good looks, and a loyal band of fans which they have. The Directioners are almost as violent as the Beliebers, almost.
07. O-Town- This band had a very short life but they left us with the song All or Nothing which I will never be able to thank them enough for giving us. This was the original making the band, band and they were pretty good. Ashley Parker Angel was perfect and so was Jacob, then he got dreads and 13 year girls didn’t know how to handle it. They also sang about Liquid Dreams which is creepy and genius but still creepy since most of their crowd was in the young teens. Thanks O-Town and feel free to make a comeback at any time.
06. 98 Degrees- Thank the pop Gods for 98 Degrees, a four man boy band with three good looking guys. Jeff, Nick, and Drew were absolute perfection in their firemen outfits. Justin could go though, he wasn’t necessary at all but every group needs a black sheep right? Although this band tried to make a comeback I don’t think that they will ever fully come back. I just want to take a moment for the music video Hardest Thing. If you don’t remember it, I suggest you YouTube that video right this second.
05. Boyz 2 Men- I must put them in the top five because they influenced most of the boy bands that I grew up loving so much. They are also absolutely bad ass with their songs. End of the Road? Come on that song is straight fire. Then the ultimate baby making song, I’ll Make Love to You. These guys were just fire back in the 90’s and their music is still relevant to this day. I know the next thing you will do is pop in that cassette of I’ll Make Love to You and sing your hear out. You’re welcome for reminding you of great music.
04. NKOTB- These five bad boys from Boston made it possible for bands like Backstreet boys and NSYNC to become who they were. Joey, Danny, Jordan, Chris, and of course the baddest of them all Donny ruled music for a while. Of course after having hit after hit they decided to berak up and try solo careers, well Jordan and Joey did, but now they are back together and still touring. Let’s be real we are all still trying to do the dance from The Right Stuff.
03. Jackson 5- They have to make it into the top 3 simply because of a young Michael Jackson. This is what MJ who was and launched him into super stardom. Of course they were managed by his asshole of a father but that isn’t the point. The Jackson 5 brought us the King of Pop and for that we should be forever thankful.
02. NSYNC- Putting NSYNC at number 2 was easily one of the easiest choices of my life. They don’t deserve to be any lower or any higher on this list. NSYNC came otu just after Backstreet Boys and it sparked the boy band war for the ages. You either loved NSYNC or loved Backstreet Boys, no other way to put it. They gave us timeless classics like Bye Bye Bye, Gonna be Me, and Tearin’ Up My Heart, with their frosted tips and over sized clothing they stole the hearts of millions everywhere. This band also was a platform for Justin Timberlake to fly off into super stardom but he refused to recognize it for most of his solo career until recently. Even though the only two people who ever sang were JC and JT it didn’t matter simply because they had Justin Timberlake.
01. Backstreet Boys- These five guys deserve the top spot for a plethora of reasons but I will only name a few. They are celebrating their 20 year mark of being together, they had also sold more albums than any other boy band in the history of boy bands. Those are facts people and facts don’t lie. With the lead vocals being Brian, Nick, and AJ there aren’t any other voices that can compare in the boy band history. With hits like I Want It That Way, Quit Playin Games with my Heart, Larger Than Life, and then their softer side with Incomplete and Show me the meaning of being lonely, there is no way that they don’t deserve this number one spot.
Thank you for reading this list that doesn’t really mean anything and I hope you enjoy it.